Rose’s New Year’s Resolutions
January 3, 2012 § 3 Comments
1. Get some muscle tone.
2. Despite resolution #1, do not spoil my record of having gone to the gym only once in my life.
3. Continue to eat ice cream at any and all hours of the day and night. Expand upon my recently-developed love for Turkey Hill’s vanilla with fudge sauce, but do not forget about chocolate peanut butter’s undeniable dominance.
4. Watch the Penguins win the Stanley Cup (this may or may not be within my power to fulfill).
5. Start writing more hockey/fashion posts and less about flatworms and my Middle-Earth obsession.
6. Beat my own record of having watched 5 X-Files episodes in a row without automatically becoming paranoid that: A. My siblings are genetically altered parasitic flatworms. B. Danny is an alien. C. I have previously been abducted by aliens. D. I work with a bunch of aliens. (B & C may be combined, if you count a 4 year relationship as an abduction, which on some days, is certainly understandable.)
7. Speaking of personal records, continue to be unbeaten at Settlers of Catan. Should be the easiest resolution I make, due to my unfailing ability to whip out my hidden Victory Points just as the hapless person after me thinks they’ve won it. Oh, how I love crushing their dreams of victory!
8. Make a list of ten things I think I would enjoy about San Francisco. (1. Wind. I like wind. 2. The ocean. 3. ………*sob*)
9. Get better at shooting guns. Learn more about them. Be able to empty a clip into the target’s skull from 25 yards without batting a (mascara’d) eyelash. Quietly spread the word about my abilities around the town. Walk to the parking garage/my house/the bar in peace and safety, even when it’s dark outside.
10. Think of a tenth resolution. While I eat ice cream.