May 22, 2012 § 4 Comments
It really frustrates me when I don’t have time to blog. It just seems lately like I have had something going on every single day and by the time I sit down in front of my laptop, all my energy is gone. But you all know what it’s like to be busybusybusy, so enough whining from me. Here’s a list (because that’s simple) of what has happened in my life lately!
1. I went to Michigan!!! You wouldn’t have time to blog either if you were playing with the CUTEST nephew in the world for four straight days. Cathy and I went out there to visit our sister, Juliana, who lives with her husband Daniel, son Leo, and soon-to-be-arriving, as yet unnamed, daughter. While out there, we attended Tara and Joe’s wedding with Leo as our date. Jul was the matron of honor in the wedding, and Daniel was a groomsman, so Cathy and I got to watch Leo all day long. He can say “Ahhh Wo” for Aunt Rose, and “Ahhh Keeeee” for Aunt Kitty (Cathy’s nickname). Okay, sorry, but if you understood how cute he was, you’d want to know these details.
2. My company moved our office this past Saturday. We did not hire movers because we are a small 6 person company (5 guys and me, it sounds like a sitcom). Basically, we packed everything up and toted it three blocks north. There were some lessons learned throughout the whole process, indeed there were. Things such as: Just because there are only 6 people in your company doesn’t mean you don’t have a lot of stuff. You do. You definitely have a lot of stuff. Another lesson: IT guys are total hoarders. Also, giant moving trucks, narrow streets, and large crowds of people at the Fine Arts Fiesta DON’T MIX. And, never underestimate the ingenuity of guys who NEED to get that desk through that too-narrow doorway. More things to never underestimate: the amount of innuendoes your (all-male) coworkers can make when you (a female) are trying to direct the movement & placement of large objects; the amount of beer your coworkers can consume as they move while still being completely able to assemble desks and wire computers; the amount guys sweat. Gross.
3. I got back into my garden! Friday was a beautiful evening, so I threw on some grubby pants and a t-shirt, and weeded out my strawberry patch. I have 15 plants, and I think 11 of them are large enough to bear fruit. Now the sun just needs to keep shining! I don’t think I will grow anything else this year. I barely have enough time to devote to my strawberries and I hate that feeling of neglecting your plants. My mom wants to plant some stuff, so I will help her with that if I itch to do any other gardening. Speaking of plants, my new office has windows (!!!!!) so I am going to get a few plants for the room. It’s fun to decorate a new space. Now I just need to see if I can sneak my Sidney Crosby Fathead in without the guys noticing. 😉
4. The guys won their softball game last night to go to a 1-2 record for the season. I suspect this will be their best season yet.
6. I discovered I really like this band: A Silent Film. If you like alt rock, check them out!